Crusin Over Sixty, a lovely lady who has the most beautiful roses in her garden. Her photography is amazing, often capturing a little buzzy bee at work as well. She is so kind and I am so appreciative of all her support including this award.
Now I must:
Thank the person who honoured me. Tick
Write a post about it. Tick
Answer the ten questions that follow. Tick
Pass the award on to 3 other bloggers.
- What is your favourite colour?
- What is your favourite animal? I had a lovely Schnauzer called Zachary Robert, when I was growing up. They are really popular these days, they weren't so in Australia, back in the 1980's. His second name Robert, came from his kennel name which was Bold Bob. My parent's best friends got his sister from the litter and her kennel name was Bonny Baby. Those dogs were great mates and we all went on many beachy type holidays together. Such great memories. Funnily enough, one of Mr Beach Houses best friends is called Zachary Robert. Not sure what that means but I have to say he is a sweetie too.
- What is your favourite number? I don't have one. I am not really superstitious and I don't gamble, so I don't see the need to have one.
- What perfume are you wearing right now? 'Private Collection' by Estee Lauder. Makes me feel really feminine and happy.
- What is something you always wear that identifies you? I would have to say my wedding ring. Not because I am tied to the institution of marriage or even Mr Beach House for that matter, but because it is the only thing I never a take off. I knew it was the first and last piece of jewellery he would ever buy me, so I made sure it was a good one. I held out for the ring I wanted and he very kindly came to the party. A friend of my mum's gave me that advice about holding out and I took it. After all Marilyn did say 'Diamonds are a girl's best friend" and I'm afraid I have to agree with her.
- What are your passion/s? Well I have so many and they often change in order of priority. Perhaps that means they are not passions at all. In my twenties it was politics. In those days I was going to be the first women PM of Australia. I might have got there too, as I notice some of my female peers from those days are Ministers of the Crown or Senators these days. But none of them have kiddos and that's what I wanted to do, so the politics became less important. And that brings me too my next passion. The Beach House Brats....they drive me nuts, but I do love them so very dearly. So if I could have them, Mr Beach House and myself on French soil, that would have to be my passion du jour, as you, dear reader already know.
- Do you like getting or giving presents? I think from the details of my wedding ring story you could probably tell I like receiving them. I do like giving them too, especially if they are well received.
- What is the latest eye shadow you are wearing? Well I don't wear it...haven't for years. But I have got into mineral powder, which can double as an eye shadow and lately I do find myself sloshing that around the eye regions occasionally. The brand is Arbonne. I do believe it is Swiss. I got into it about two years ago. You know it was one of those make up parties where you say you'll go, but you won't buy anything. Well this stuff improved my skin so dramatically and I was raving on about it so much at the party, that I think each guest ended up buying some. The hostess personally rang me to say thank you, as she had primarily held the party to get some freebies for the singles mums who were clients at a drop in centre she worked at. I think not only did theses single mums get a whole bag of free make up based on the sales from the party, but they got free facials as well. If only I was as good at selling my own products.
- What is your favourite day of the week? It would definitely be Friday. Even though I have the luxury of working on the days I want to, I still feel like Friday is the end of the week for me. The kiddo activities are finished, except for soccer which Mr Beach House is primarily responsible for. Also I only drink on weekends...technically anyway, so I love to crack open a bottle of rose with Mr BH and have a debrief about our respective weeks.
- Are your nails painted now? No. I used to do a French polish on my finger nails before children, but that's nearly ten years ago. I do toe nails in Summer, usually in hot pink, but I seemed to stop doing that near term with the second Beach House Brat, as I couldn't get down there. I just seemed never to get back into it. I must though, as I think painted nails popping out from a sweet little summer shoe are delightful. It's kind of like going out without your lippy on I think. Lazy, which I am of course sometimes guilty of anyway.
Now I am passing this award on to:
The Fisherman's Cottage Deborah is a lovely English blogger who has a special way with flowers and vintage styling in general.
Emerald Cove Michelle is a lovely American lady who has been so supportive of me. She is always doing lovely coastal projects that are so inspiring.
Restoration House Kimberly has lovely taste and does some fabulous projects around her home.