I got an email yesterday with this line in it:
"The competition was tight however we have reviewed all the posts today and voted based on both blog and recipe creativity and we are delighted to invite you to progress to the “Cook Off” round of the promotion. Congratulations!!"
So what does it mean? It appears I made the cut down from 80 to 18 Bloggers across 3 states. This apparently is what that means,
"Cook Off Sessions
•Will involve you and another blogger cooking your recipes at The Chopping Block stand (sponsored by Gourmet Garden, John West Fresh, Leggo’s, VZUG appliances & Campbell’s Real Stock.)
•The sessions will be MC’ed by a celebrity chef (Sammy/ Bella from My Kitchen Rules or Chef Dominique Rizzo) and they will judge the winning recipe from the 2 bloggers Recipe Requirements. Due to time and stand constraints, recipes must:
1. Be able to be prepared, cooked & plated within 30 minutes (you can prep ingredients prior to session if required)
2. Use equipment available on the stand: wok burner, induction cook top and oven
3. Feature Gourmet Garden herbs & spices. It would also be great to use products of other partners from The Chopping Block (see ingredients available on stand Page 2)
4. Be your own original recipe
5. Recipe ingredients and additional equipment lists to be provided 4 days prior to the show"
So 3 bloggers from each state (making 9 finalists) will then be chosen to attend the Noosa Good Food and Wine Show later in the year. The winner of that round will share in some fabulous prizes including a 12 month ambassadorship for Gourmet Garden..........Baby steps guys, baby steps!!!!!!
Hmmmm I've got my work cut out 'cause the other contestants look good. Real good!!!! But hey I'm still in it and we are all subject to the same rules. I have nothing to lose and will be doing my best.
Check out the competition here. It looks great.......If nothing else, I will learn something doing this.
For the recipes I blogged for this competition and for all my other savoury recipes go here. For sweet ones
Today I'm linking up to